Thursday, November 17, 2011

Straightening Fiasco


It's been a while since I have had my hair straightened and trimmed.  I'm talking maybe before the summer hit.  Actually I kinda don't like getting it straightened, but because I've waited so long I decided it was best. I also wanted a few layers to give it a little shape.

Well.... The first time I got it cut.  (Yep... had to get it cut twice)  She trimmed very little and it was uneven.  When the curls subsided and my hair was in it's straight natural glory and I looked in the back my hair looked like a uneven shelf!   It was awful!

So I had to have someone cut it again, causing me to get another inch or so cut off.  Sometimes you just have to take mishaps with a grain of salt.  In the past I would've been upset, but since I've been on my new regimen I'm pretty confident that the little hair that I lost will be back in no time!

This is a time I will take now to see if I get less breakage with my new routine.  My hair has been straight for almost a week.  I have been changing up my styles, bunning and things of that nature.  I may even stretch this out for two weeks.

I do have a little fear though...

When she initially turned on her irons the temp was set at 445! OH MY GOODNESS!!!
I turned it down and she told me she was going to turn it down, she was just letting it warm up. *side eye here* 
I've said it before and I will say it again.  DO NOT BE AFRAID TO TELL SOMEONE WHAT YOU WANT!.  Now even though I turned it down I'm not sure if she turned it back up later.  So I have an apprehension of washing my hair.  I hope all my curls bounce back with a vengeance and I'm not even going to complain about the shrinkage... I PROMISE!  as long as my curls are in tact and I have no damage.  That's all I ask for.

Keep your fingers crossed! I will post some pics via my Mobile phone soon...

143...
~ Beauti

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...