Sunday, November 2, 2008

RECONCILIATION

Today I was in church and was just reflecting on some things. Someone I knew there was going through some things with her marriage and they ended up separating. I remember listening to her problems and understanding what she was going through with her marriage.

I had been there. And when she told me of her hurts and woes... we bonded.

A couple of Sundays ago she walked in with him, and I was kind of caught off guard. ... and I think I was disappointed. I spoke but I felt so uneasy. All I could think was, hmmm they are working that out. Ok.

So today as I looked at the both of them sitting next to each other in service... my thoughts were, they really look happy. So why at that time was I so disappointed? I mean it was like I was disappointed in her for taking him back. Was it the bonding? The sharing of war stories of what he hath done to me? When truly I should be happy.

God honors marriage, and you should want to make it work. Should want to honor the design of family. I felt a sense of relief today, because I felt that there were things in me that I needed to let go.

Those things that happened to my marriage and I couldn't work it out is not anyone else's problem... My God... it was almost 15 years ago and it appears that maybe I'm still holding on to a little anger from that situation and I shouldn't revisit it when someone tells me about a situation that is similar. I should be able to share my experience in the hopes of helping someone else. Maybe shed light so that they can work through it to get back together.

When we talked I didn't encourage her to leave... she already had left. I just shared my experience to let her know that she can make it and let her know that everything was going to be alright. And I'm ok with that....

So today... I let it go.

Sometimes you have to reconcile with yourself in order to go forward.

Take care of u...

4 comments:

Sonya said...

I've been there myself & I am sooo proud of you. There is no possible way to move forward unless you let the past go. Allow the Lord to take control of that part of your life & you'll definitely see big thangs poppin!

MSJNT said...

I have been there. I believe that people should work on their problems and not give up. Marriage is not easy. My X did some things but I see him now for what he is. He is still my best-friend and I had to relinquish the anger that I felt. I had to let him go to learn on his own journey. He married the girl that he cheated on me with, but he is confused cause he know what he had with me. I still love him but I know takening him back will alienate me from my family and friends. I pray everyday for God to work in my life and not to fall back into all that stress that was on going when he was messing around. Just pray on their reconciliation and pray that God can heal you too.

Beauti said...

Thank you Both! Isn't it funny how something is lingering there and you don't even realize that it's there...... I'm grateful for the realization!

Jenteel said...

great post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...