Monday, October 3, 2011

LESS.... IS MORE

So I am coming up on my 4th year anniversary in November and I recently had an AH HA moment. Now that I have more hair (although I believe I should have much more) I am changing up my routine starting this winter. My hair is about APL and it seems like I've been struggling more with my curls.

I have been doing heavy traffic on curlynikki.com and read about her routine and that is where my AH HA moment came.

She is washing her hair about twice a month, and stretching her hair with curlformers. So I am dedicated right now to stretching my hair and wearing protective styles. I have been a wash and go kinda girl and it has been hell on my hair. After a few days of wearing that wash and go the detangle has been extremely difficult. So ummm Duh... wouldn't stretching it be so much easier and styling from there.

What I have done now is after a wash and deep condition I braid my hair in big plaits to stretch. Moisturize with coconut oil, let it air dry, then the next day add a cream based product or water based and seperate them and put them in smaller twists. I then either sport a Beanie with my silk scarf underneath (which I did with the plaits also) and keep it moving. Within the next two weeks I either style my hair from there, pin it up or keep it in the twists. I moisturize every other night with coconut oil, and if my hair is loose I twist it back up.

This past weekend I had my hair twisted up and it stayed in my silk bonnet and beanie. Today my hair is free and it feels soooo good! I can't believe I wasn't doing this sooner. Tonight I will retwist and moisturize with oil and put my bonnet back on. It takes 10-20 minutes out of my day and my hair is so much easier to manage.

I'm sure there will be some changes to my routine but I am totally in love! I plan to get a applicator bottle and do my own mix of oils to put on my hair.

I'm sure my hair is going to thank me for this later and I will retain more length as the months go by...

It only took me 4 years... but I got it now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...